20090822

Day Trip

Today has been up and down. I took Sarakai to Paiho. Showed her the range and introduced her to people in the clan. Uncle Valpy really seemed to like her, especially the way she could shoot. I was a bit worried she'd be overwhelmed by the clan when we got invited to lunch, but she seemed to cope.

Sarakai smiled. Even laughed.

Auntie Yenni hassled me over the tabloid reports about me and Silver. Then she told me that I could bring him home to meet the clan if it were anything serious. Actually, that's when Sara laughed. A joyous laugh, not bitter like the previous time.

I think Sara really liked the day trip. I was feeling happy. At peace. It had been a good day.

When I got back to station there was a mail waiting from Cia.

She wanted to talk. We arranged to meet at Lenfa's in the Bazaar. She was leading a shopping trip there for the alliance as a social occasion.

So I showed up.

She came in. She looked slightly nervous, and I didn't know what to say. She wants to act normal. Pretend we're fine and hope that it all comes right eventually.

Then she left.

Great. What I thought I wanted a week ago, and now why does it feel so painful? I thought I was getting over her, and it feels like a wound opened again.

When I left Lenfa's she was still in the bazaar. She flinched when she saw me.

Act normal my Arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment