20090807

111.08.07

One of the things Cia has told me is how much it hurt to be podded, to lose her original body and any possibility of having children naturally - she doesn't believe in medical intervention for that.

When I asked Mata about how she chose to make a child with Jonny she said that she'd assumed Jonny would get a fertile clone. But Mata ran out of information quickly - she hadn't needed to find out.

So I called Eva. Eva is a Doctor, I figured she'd know. So I asked her if... if it were possible to get fertile clones. Eva told me that regularly they are rendered sterile through surgical means when they're created, to avoid pod pilots getting pregnant or what have you, but that if you went with a reputable firm, and asked not to have that done, then there was no reason why someone couldn't get pregnant the way people normally do...

Of course, then she asked me why I wanted to know. I stammered a reply about how some people didn't believe that assisted pregnancies were right, and whether if we decided one day, not that we'd decided or anything, but if we did, whether it would be possible.

Eva let me down gently and said I didn't have to explain further. She laughed and said she knew who I'd been dating now and that she was glad about her joining Re-Awakened.

Then she looked into space with a slightly sad smile and said we each deserve a little happiness.

I think she misses Davlos.



Last night I got to tell Cia the news. What Eva told me, about fertile clones.

I think I've made a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment