20090804

Beginnings part iv

Interviewing Silver Night was an exercise in frustration. I like to get an idea of what a potential recruit feels - what they want, what they don't want, to try to tell if they'd be a good fit. Silver was all "I want what the corp wants" and "My feelings are irrelevant". Combined with the Caldari formality, I wasn't sure whether he'd fit or not.

I got glimpses though - when I told him that Re-Awakened has a few people who are getting second chances or trying to redeem themselves for past mistakes he seemed almost eager, hopeful maybe.

I told him that I'd recommend he be accepted if he put in an app. I suggested to Eva that she clear it with the other CEOs in EM before accepting him though, after Jonny.

Cia started hanging out in the EM Public channel - She was hoping to get to know people in the alliance I think. She mentioned she was doing missions, and I offered to help - of course, by that time I was half way to Lonetrek to leave a jump-clone in Torrinos. I finished the trip, feeling slightly embarrassed that she'd caught me doing that, while at the same time somehow pleased that she knew.

Then I clone jumped back to Pator and ran missions with her for hours in Lustrevik until she qualified for jobs from the agent in her own right. It was peaceful, in a warlike way, and a pattern that I'm familiar with. There was no embarrassment in calling targets or setting destinations. Almost like I'd forgotten who was in my gang. I liked it.

Later that afternoon I talked to Mata - about how I felt, and what I was thinking. I asked her if she thought I was going to fast, and she asked questions, the way she does, and said "You're almost holding hands and you're worried you're going too fast?" - Mata can be pretty scathing when she wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment