20100205

Us and them

I've been talking to a young pilot called Siohban in the EM public channels. She's very young. Naïve. I tried to convince her to leave her master and move to the republic. To be free. She's a pilot, they're hard to cage. But she likes it. Feels like she owes service or something.

Carinelle and I met her in person at the Last Gate. She came on the arm of Meklon, who used to be an executor of EM and Eva's husband. Meklon and Siohban seemed pretty smitten.

Carinelle had been pretty close to making a friend of Siohban, partly because she remembers Meklon fondly. Then she found out Siohban had joined a Corp in the Caldari militia, raiding Federation space; shooting at Carinelle's people. She feels a little betrayed. When she mentioned that to some in Gradient, they didn't give her quite as much sympathy as she expected.

I've had pleasant enough chats with people who were red to me, though often a little tense, and usually in a neutral venue.

Siohban seems to want to be our friend, and our enemy at the same time. I don't think life works like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment