20100208

Complications

She invited me to breakfast, to the Shackled Amarr. It started so nicely, holding hands across a table.

She looked nervous for a bit, then asked me to promise her that, if I was unhappy; if she hurt me; I would talk to her. Give her a chance to sort it out. She's Gallente. I'm Matari. We're different. There will be mistakes; pain. But if we try, maybe we can work past that. Keep finding joy.

So I asked her how it worked. What the rules were.

I know she and Rocius are still together, and that he knows about me and Carinelle. Well, will know. What did she want from me? Not that there's been a line of women asking to drag me home, but if there was?

I'm still confused at her answer. She told me how her and Roc work, but said that she'd be happy to be exclusive to the two of us. And that she's not so wedded to her freedom that if she was with someone who wanted her all to themselves she wouldn't consider it.

She asked me again to promise to tell her if she hurt me, or if I was unhappy.

So I promised.

Then some Gradient pilots started coming in after their shift, with them came Meklon and Siohban. After a few minutes only Meklon And Siohban remained.

Siohban apparently knows BT, and Carinelle and BT had had an argument, and Siohban was trying to get Nelle to talk to BT, to sort things out.

Siohban is a member of the Caldari militia. They're technically at war with the Republic. Yet here she was, docked at a station in Pator!

I suggested that maybe this wasn't the best place for her. That she couldn't fight against the Republic for her day job, and come here for entertainment. That choices have consequences.

Meklon tried to come over all tough. The little threats that aren't quite enough to justify any response, perhaps leading to escalation and a fight. So I skipped all the escalation shit, and shot him in the face.

No, I didn't. But I thought about it.

Instead I told him to fuck off, and left. Meklon blustering at my back.

BT walked in as I got to the door and asked if there was a problem, looking at me in a way that suggested that he'd be happy to pummel me if there was.

I had to choose. Look hard or look down. I was tired of backing down so I said I didn't have a problem, did he? I just waited, passively, for him to decide if he wanted to push it. Before anything could happen though, Siohban ran over and wrapped her arms around him.

I left.

Carinelle caught up to me outside. She asked if I had caused a scene because of her? No. Meklon could annoy me all on his own without me thinking about his affect on her.

Siohban is not a simple case. I want to dislike her, but she's basically nice. Just on the other side. Carinelle feels the same. It would be easier if she was just the enemy.

Meklon however, I could dislike with hardly any work at all.

While we were talking, my datapad told me I had mail from Siohban - asking me to come back, and bring Nelle with me. Please. Nelle got one too. Then I got another telling me she'd made Meklon promise to be polite.

I told her I just didn't want to deal with him. Then she apologised, although I'm not sure why.

Nelle owed it to BT to try to talk to him again, even if only to organise a time to have a private talk.

I went off to work.

An hour later she called me sounding stressed. She wanted a drink somewhere that wasn't the SA. I suggested my place, and climbed into my stilleto to rush back as fast as I could.

She needed a hug. The talk with BT hadn't gone well. I listened as she told me about BT; Simeon; and it came to me that she doesn't see the scars on people's hearts. Maybe if she waits till the latest scar on Simeon's heart wasn't put there by her, she'll have more luck talking with him. He used to be with her, and she broke him. That's why she wants me to tell her if she hurts me.

I held her while she squeezed out all the pain and stress.

I asked her if she wanted a drink now, and she said she didn't need it. I had driven away her bad mood. She laughed and said that BT wad getting a much easier time of it with Nelle because I kept cheering her up.

And then, because she was cheerful, she asked me if she could keep me away from work for just a little while longer...



No comments:

Post a Comment