20100226

Aunties in training

I went to Lenfa's with Matariki to meet Elsebeth Rhiannon. I've never really talked to Else before in a non-official capacity. She's slightly intimidating. Carinelle says Else is up tight. I think me being there changed the tone of the conversation from how it would normally be when Else and Mata are talking. It was slightly stilted to start. We talked about stuff; about clans and feeling frustrated when people from outside the republic treat being in a clan as quaint.

We talked about growing up and taking on responsibility. Elsebeth revealed she was a young terror when she was 20, but became responsible since. Mata said she felt too young to be an Auntie, but I told her people do look at her that way sometimes.

We talked about anarchists, and philosophy. Mata seemed pleased with the way I've been challenging Bacchanalian, though she's not sure teaching them to think coherently is a good idea.

I told them how I felt more convinced of EM philosophy after Bacchanalian challenged me to justify it. That thinking of the reasons why it was good reminded me how good it was. Elsebeth and Matariki maneuvered me into running a class on EM philosophy at some stage. It's quite a challenging idea.

By the time we'd finished, it was feeling like we were almost relaxed enough to not watch everything we said in front of each other.

I'm not sure that Elsebeth approves of Carinelle though. She said something about people who are more interested in their own pleasure than duty. I'm not sure she was talking about Carinelle, but it seemed that way. My paranoia tells me that it disappoints her that Carinelle brings me joy.

Am I imagining things?

No comments:

Post a Comment