20091009

Museums

Carinelle invited me to join her at the Illuin Museum. We looked at a few exhibits, but mostly we ended up talking. Carinelle is half Sebiestor. She only found out a year or so back, and I think it was a challenge for her to deal with. She's interested in talking about what that might mean. What a life in a clan might be like.

Carinelle warned me that I should talk to Sarakai about being seen with Carinelle. She tends to end up being covered by the press. I told her that Sara and I were probably just friends. Carinelle laughed and pointed out that I had a history of being wrong about that. Somewhat embarrassing, but she was right. I don't want to push Sara so hard that we can't be friends, and I don't want her to shoot me. Carinelle laughed hard when I told her that.

We talked more. About clans; about being an outsider; about being able to protect yourself. Carinelle could probably join a clan if she wanted, but she doesn't want to unless it's because Rocius has asked her to marry him. Then he wouldn't be able to exclude her from things to protect her.

But she was raised Gallente, and thinks it would be hard to let a clan make choices for her.

I tried telling her about my clan, how things work. She seemed interested, and thoughtful. She called me sweet, nice, and balanced. It's a change, having someone think of me that way who wasn't my cousin.

It's a pity that she's involved with Rocius.

No comments:

Post a Comment