20091015

Dinner with Sarakai

She was late. I waited for 2 hours. Am I stupid?

She showed up though. Work. These things happen. We talked about things, Caldari and Matari. Similarities. Differences. Sara seemed pleased that inter-corp relations in EM seem so friendly. I invited her to Carinelle's party. I mentioned that I'd heard rumours that some people didn't approve of Silver. I shouldn't have - now she's trying to determine if there are threats.

We discussed strength, rigidity vs flexibility. She said if she'd been more flexible she might never have been run out of the Watch. But then, she wouldn't have joined the Guristas, nor gone to work for Silver. And never met me. She asked about the sailing trip I'd promised Amieta. I've invited her too. Perhaps I should have cleared that with Amieta?

Then I asked her what our status was. Were we more than friends? I rambled a bit, thinking that I was making a mistake. She smiled and said it was a fair question.

The answer was that we were friends, for the time being at least. That there are complications in her life that I'd become involved in if we were an item.

She said she'll explain one day, honest.

Afterward I thought, how would people know? Would I be more involved in her complications than when I'm seen walking arm in arm with her through the bazaar?

Maybe I'm already involved, and I just don't know it?

No comments:

Post a Comment