20091018

Imagination

Debes nearly got us all killed. We went on an anti-pirate roam in fast cruisers through Molden Heath, up through Metropolis, and into some Caldari Lowsec. Debes ordered me to jump into nullsec gateway systems a few times to see what was there. One time, I jumped into a system with 30 neutrals in local, and 5 or 6 on the gate. I reported types and did a runner and got out without being touched or followed.

Debes decided to take our fleet (of about 12) into that system. We jumped in and on orders shot at some of the locals. Ivan put up his Dictor bubble and we tried to shoot at some of the people coming to the gate. They were from a group called Wildly Inapproriate. About 2 minutes later, 2 ships warped into the gate, we shot at them, and they jumped. Then 20 people showed up at once. Debes called for a withdrawal.

I was sitting on the gate, locked and warp disrupted, trying to jump out. The stargate wouldn't let me jump due to "recent aggression". My sensors were telling me that a lot of people had me locked up, and there were swarms of drones incoming on me. Unfortunately for Debes, though not for me, he was primary target and went down quickly, KJ was taking damage. Someone else's ship died.

Sitting there for 40 seconds hoping that my ship would survive long enough to make the jump. pressing the button that requested the stargate jump me, and knowing there was nothing else I could do.

40 long seconds.

Finally I jumped. I warped to relative safety away from the other side of the gate. I was shaking in my pod. Still alive. Celebrating my good fortune on the Corp channel, with KJ who also survived.

Later Cia contacted me, someone had sent a mail to Camille, trying to make contact. An inappropriate mail. Cia was asking me if I thought she was over-reacting. I mean, Camille's ID includes her age, right? She's eight years old. I told her she wasn't being over-reacting. That she should tell her security.

Then she said she was glad I was safe. In that sort of tone where it feels like it's more than just the normal concern for a corp-mate. But I can't be sure.

Am I imagining things? Why do I care?

But I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment