20090921

The Task of Sisyphus

The sky over Caldari prime was filled with ships. Many of them were there to shoot at the Caldari Navy Titan. Some of them were there to remote-rep it, though I don't think that was necessary. There was some shield and some armour damage done, but it was quickly repaired. After 6 to 8 hours, things ran out of steam and people started departing as they finished their ammo loads, or lost hope. The titan was unscathed.

Some ships were destroyed either by concord or the assembled masses. Some people died.

I'm not sure I see the point really.

So why did I go?

It was partly for Matariki. She is very happy with Jonny, and I was showing willing. I was pleased when Jonny noticed me amongst the battleships on the field. Later I found out that Matariki was less enthusiastic about it.

It was partly for me. I knew it was mostly doomed before I arrived. But I went anyway. Enthusiasm. A chance to see a titan. To shoot at it. Maybe if we were gloriously lucky to be part of that glory.

Only afterwards did I wonder what my corp mates or friends might think.

Silver. Amieta. Sarakai.

No comments:

Post a Comment