20090927

Challenges

I've spent a lot of the week scouting. Sitting in a cheetah watching our war targets and reporting. It's been useful, but dull.

On Saturday I did lunch at Michel's with Sarakai, Amieta, Cia, Camille, and Helmi. Cheeseburgers. I hadn't seen Sara for a week or two, or Amieta - I think Silver is keeping them busy with his new carrier.

Someone from White Rose - maybe Vikarion - Sent Cami a laser rifle. Cia was very upset. Cami was upset that Cia wouldn't let her keep it. Cia also told me that Vikarions girlfriend was tortured so badly that they turned off the life-support and let her die. Perhaps Vikarion blames Cia and is trying to get back at her through Cami? I have no idea why he'd think that.

Sara's birthday had been a few days before. Amieta is pressuring her to have a party. Sarakai said Ok, if it's a small party. I mentioned perhaps taking her out for dinner, and she said she'd like that. We pestered Sarakai for a bit, asking what she wanted for her birthday. She admitted that a small piece of art for her room would be nice. I have to go shopping some time soon.

Cia's birthday party is next week. Cia said she didn't need presents (of course, Camille told her she was missing the point of birthdays). Cia said that what she'd really like was something to remind her of people, where they were from.

There was a discussion about the attack on the Caldari navy Titan. I didn't lie exactly, but I didn't volunteer that I'd gone along. Apparently Silver is quite upset about the attack.

Cami asked how much a Titan cost, and then when we told her, declared her intention to train to fly a Titan, and then go into business stealing them and selling them. I laughed, but Cia was looking like the joke was wearing a little thin.

On Sunday I met Sara in the bazaar and showed her Lenfa's. We had tea, and talked. It feels like we're in a comfortable place, but not moving much. She said she's starting to appreciate this friend thing.

We bought matching presents for Cia together, and I remembered to ask her about something Amieta told me. She's a combat training instructor, and I asked if she would like to throw me around a bit.

We've agreed there'll be no eye-gouging or groin strikes, and the winner gets to choose a place for dinner. She claims that desk work has been making her soft, but I've been sitting in a pod all week.

I have a feeling she's going to kick my arse, despite weighing half what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment