20100521

I should never play poker with an Auntie

I've been putting off that conversation for some time, but Auntie Gytha cornered me the morning after Ko Braya had me for dinner.

I see you've been quite popular with the young ladies Ulf, but it seems none of them has been popular enough with you. Already got someone huh? Or are you saving yourself for one of Chief Braya's nieces?

I suspect I set new records for blushing.

Gytha pried the story out of me, and I tried to argue for why it was a good idea as well as what I wanted. Gytha smiled and let me talk, trying to fill the spaces in the conversation where she was just snickering.

She's always been able to do that, since I can remember. Even once I figured out that's what she was doing.

You always were quick to decide, and slow to change your mind. Let's hope she fancies you as much as you fancy her.


Gytha wants to meet Carinelle sometime, to see what she's like for herself. I wonder what Carinelle will think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment