20100427

Who wants to live forever

Debes Sparre died last week. He was drinking alone in a bar in Istodard and passed out, threw up, and drowned in his own vomit.

But it's Ok, cos pod-pilots are immortal, right?

Debes was a crazy bastard. He was extremely skilled, but kept pushing the limits. This meant he got some fantastic kills that I would never even have tried. Also that he got some very stupid losses.

He did that for other people too. Made them try things they wouldn't have tried on their own. Made me try things. Gave us successes. He was the one who convinced me to get in an Oneiros. I don't get on killmails often, but I kept him alive a couple of times.

At the funeral Elsebeth spoke very well. I think he used to infuriate her, but she spoke like he was special to her. Perhaps she feels that way about most of her pilots. Gottii spoke well too, then flew Debes' Vagabond into the sun, with his corpse on board.

He leaves a hole. I hope we can fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment