20100121

Free, to do what I want, any old time

Matariki had recommended that I drop in on La Maison sometime to meet new people. It's a virtual bar with a lot of isk spent on the VR so it's very real.

Matariki was there when I dropped by. She introduced me to a pilot who goes by the call-sign Bacchanalian. He's a Freespacer who flies with Rote Kapelle.

He's a psychopath. I asked some questions about freespacer philosophy and he couldn't explain what he wanted, except to use words in non-standard ways. "When you accept the truth, you'll understand" he said, several times.

I think he flies around shooting people in the hopes they too will become psychopaths and join him.

He has no regard for non-podders, and precious little for most podders. He thinks he's immortal, but I don't think he realises how much of the infrastructure that he relies on for his immortality is built and maintained by non-podders.

"So? They can be bought or coerced into doing what I want, and we'll be able to replace them with automation soon"

But he's very charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment