20120423

A year has passed

Not long after the last entry she left again. She's been gone a year. Nursing her mother till death, and meeting the clan of her father. Becoming more Matari, I think.

I quit as alliance leader; with a nice orderly transition process. I might have kept at it had she still been there, but I didn't want to on my own. Got convinced into accepting a directorship in Gradient, managed to talk my way out of getting the CEO position.

Spent the winter alone.

Came to accept that it was over; carried on for a while pretending. Gradually shifted my sleep cycle back to match home.

Spent the summer feeling like I was just grinding; barely undocking. Got older.

Finally went home for a visit longer than a weekend. Spent time with the cousins, got very drunk; woke up still surrounded by people. Hassled by cousins and Aunties. Going to a festival, and meeting the other clans again. People who knew me when I was young, many of whom still see that youth when they look at me.

Decided that I needed to get over myself.

The last few weeks have been good. Setting up another home in lowsec, shooting pirates and Mary. Doing more solo hunting, but with joy instead of loneliness.

Had a two on one fight where I killed one, but got podded.

Woke up feeling that off-balance way I do, and while I was settling my reactions and fitting another ship, I got the news.

She's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment